Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The World Comes Back to Life

It was been a long time since I have visited this blog. Time simply has not allowed for it and between writing this blog, spending time with my family and devoting time to my career, something had to go, and this was it.

Not that I do not enjoy writing. Thoughts come to my head that I truly feel are worthy of putting to paper but they are fleeting, and once the time comes when I can write them, the thought is lost. Perhaps that I why I like photography so much. It is easy to carry a camera and snap a picture while the image is still there. It annoys my husband at times. He ends up waiting for me frequently while I stop and "capture the moment" but even he admits that I can get some pretty good shots.

As it stands right now, I just had surgery and am off work for the next few weeks. With all the activity restriction I am on, I have a lot of time on my hands so I thought now was good time to reincarnate my blog. It was either that or eat. Considering I have a longstanding obsession about my weight, being told I cannot exercise is a bad thing. Eating out of boredom is, too.

The fact that tomorrow is the day that the world, at least from an astronomical standpoint, comes back life is only a coincidence with my reintroduction of this blog. Not that it feels like Spring. When I look out the window, it certainly does not look like it. The schools let out two hours early again yesterday due to snow, just to prove it is not quite Spring. There goes my son's education. I know somewhere in this world it is warm and sunny right now. Sadly I am not there. They probably have lots or Tequila and Rum, too. Sadly, I do not have any of that, either. I have a lot of snow and my rampant fantasies that I am in one of those sunny places. This is the Gulfo de Papaguyo in Costa Rico. It comes highly recommended.


But sooner or later it will get warmer. Sooner or later I will go back to work. Sooner or later that surgeon will let me do normal things like pick things up and go to Zumba class. Or drive. Or drink Rum and diet Coke. But for now, I am not allowed to drive a car or even take a leisurely walk. Hopefully I will not get fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment