Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 1, 2010

Why I Changed My Name

Artistic license only goes so far in medicine and I have run into a road block in that arena. The dilemma I have run into is that the powers that be have concerns about the content of my blog possibly compromising patient confidentiality and have put limitations on what I may write in the blog. While I understand their side, it does put fairly strong limits on what I am able to write about. I am fearful of writing anything that could offend them. The end result is the vast majority of things that I write about do not have anything to do with psychiatry at all. That or if there is any psychiatric content, it comes out more like a textbook than anything of much interest.

I felt that considering this situation, it would be best that I change the name of the blog to one that is more suited to what I am really writing about. This will allow me to write my posts without the pressure of trying to find a completely neutral topic in psychiatry but end up with one that is not very interesting. There is plenty of things to talk about in my life here. I am, after a big city girl who is essentially stranded in a small to medium size town in the middle of nowhere with very limited access to Nordstrom, true fine dining and cultural activities. What they do have is hunters with guns. There are also monster trucks with deer head decals on the back windows and rubber testicles hanging from the trailer hitches. There are critters here that we do not encounter in Ohio, like bears and bobcats, some of which tear down birdfeeders and poop all over our lawns during the Spring and the Fall and the people here just accept that as the way it is. There is also another fine selection of critters to dodge on the roadways, not the least of which is skunks. I could go on and on about the differences of the area in which I reside and the area in which I grew up but suffice to say that there are a lot of things to talk about. Which is why I have chosen to change the focus of the blog. Therefore I give you...





Lost in Central Pennsylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment