Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 19, 2011

On the Issue of Bath Salts

I am embarrassed to admit that I fell for the ruse (briefly) like many others that the drug that so many kids were getting high from that was said to be a bath salt is not a bath salt. The same product is marketed as a plant food as well. This was a ruse to cover its real active ingredient. It is a highly addictive amphetamine known as MDPV for short. It has been banned in England and many members of the European Union already. Louisiana and Florida have banned it, and it will not be long before Pennsylvania does. We have had many rather tragic stories and at least two direct overdose deaths end up at the hospital here. I have not posted in a while as my time has been occupied working on a presentation relating to some of the results of this drug and have not been doing much on my blog.

Well, maybe I have a bit of writer's block.

But putting in work on the Blizzard, Powdered Rush, Vanilla Sky, call it what you will, epidemic has taken up a lot of time and certainly has interfered with the time I might have spent farting around coming up with ideas to write (more accurately, type) about.

No comments:

Post a Comment